Metaverse, NFT, Web3, Blockchain, etc. terms must have crossed your path even if you’re not anywhere related to the technology domain. As time is passing by, newer technologies will soon get adapted for major audiences. Considering future adaptation and reach of the newer technologies, history gives us ample of clues that women are last to join the bandwagon. Luckily this is not the case this time.
Women Intense NFT – also known as WIN
Having such a meaningful and powerful vision, Women Intense NFT (WIN) is trying to create an environment which is female-centric and helps women to adapt to NFT & related technologies.
WIN is not only creating a platform to accelerate the interest of women in NFT but is also helping women-led NGOs to get the benefits of charity,
Currently, Women Intense NFT has two projects out of which, one project, named IWD Genesis is live & the other named STEM Intense Girls will launch later. IWD Genesis was started keeping in mind UN’s theme “Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow” for International Women’s Day (IWD), 2022. This collection is about linking women to the sustainability areas of Forest, Ocean, Land, Water and Air. This genesis collection is for charity where a few women-led NGOs are the beneficiaries.
Now, for those of us who don’t know what NFTs are and what the whole fuss is about? Then let us know the full form of the abbreviation. NFT stands for Non-fungible token. Simply put, it is like a virtual asset which will be unique to only the owner. You can however trade/sell it and the new buyer will be the unique owner of the NFT. To draw a simple analogy, imagine if Leonardo Da Vinci created the famous Mona Lisa in MS Paint, and saved it as a JPG file. Uploaded the JPG file onto the blockchain. Now, this particular JPG file by Leonardo Da Vinci would be considered a token and carry a signature or unique identifier. Who soever owns this token would be the one and only exclusive owner of the JPG file created by Leonardo Da Vinci. So it is as simple as buying the physical painting drawn by Leonardo Da Vinci himself which is considered a highly-prized possession. There can be innumerable replicas of Mona Lisa but there can be only one original work of Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci.
To understand more about how NFTs work, you can read this wonderful article NFTs explained by Mitchell Clark of The Verge.
Coming back to WIN, it is a sophisticatedly planned project which is being carried out in phases. At the time of writing this article, WIN is near to completing the Phase-I of its roadmap. They are at this moment carrying out the Public Sale of the exclusive & limited 125 NFTs (yes only 125!).
At the time of writing this article, 31 NFTs have already been mined. Only 94 more can be mined out of the total 125.
Once sold out, 80% of entire sales will go to their Charity/NGOs partners and the remaining 20% will be used to reward the Artist and Web team. Pretty decent & reasonable decision. Then phase II roadmap will be initiated.
Phase II will reward all the IWD Genesis NFT holders a chance to claim two NFTs of the STEM Intense Girls collection from the reserved supply. Then the public sale will happen and once it is 50% sold, there will be the creation of a community wallet and a DAO and also more women will be educated regarding NFTs, Web3, Blockchain, Metaverse, etc.
Time to WIN in the Metaverse! After reaching 75% sales of the STEM Intense Girls collection, a parcel of land in the Metaverse will be purchased to build Women Intense Tower. The holders can start claiming their Hi-res 4000×4000 artwork of the NFTs they hold. Along with that, the Women Intense Tower will also have a list of utilities which will be announced soon. At being 100% sold out, the funds will be used to build a platform for Web3 education for girls & women, metaverse events as well as IRL (in real life) events.
There are also perks of owning the NFTs. A detailed overview can be found on their webpage here: https://www.womenintensenft.art/#Utility
All this to empower women in the upcoming future technologies! It is really a noble idea to get women included. Only the greatest mind can have such vision. Personally, I feel this is a very good approach and I am rooting for this project to complete the roadmap before time as well as have success in future endeavours. Also, for me WIN stands for Women Intense NFT as well as Women In NFT 😉
So let’s mint some NFTs now! and keep WINNING 😉
Women Intense NFT is a project launched in March 2022 by Dr. Bindu Sivasankaran Nair (Dr. B. S. Nair) & Shiva Raj (Taraka), joined by their extremely creative & motivated team, Niveda Suraj, Alka Mohapatra, Arina Lopatina and Raj A Kapoor as advisory who is also Founder and Chairman of the India Blockchain Alliance, the largest Indian emerging technology tech think tank.